Your alarm rings at 6 am. You hop out of bed, wake the kids, take a shower, get them ready for school, drive them to school, drop them off, and head to work. At work, you have a full 8 hour day with business meetings, customer service needs, communications with staff, and office parties to plan as well as a baby shower for a co-worker. After work, your kids have karate and gymnastics. Then there’s dinner, homework, brushing teeth, and in bed by 8 pm. Finally, you have a bit of time to yourself to unwind. But is it enough to de-stress.
Stress is a leading cause of ailments in the United States. This cost of daily living affects your health, your body, your immune system, and your well-being. In fact, according to the American Psychological Association, 77 percent of people report regularly experiencing physical symptoms due to stress, and almost 50 percent of people say stress has a negative impact on their personal and professional lives.
Empire Self-Defense & Fitness in Albany, New York, offers adult martial arts training as well as martial arts training for kids. Martial arts training offers many benefits to help you lower your stress.
- Martial arts training boosts your endorphins. Endorphins are your body’s natural happy pills, chemicals released in your brain when you exercise that helps to reduce stress.
- Focused concentration is gained. It’s hard to think about your problems when a punch is headed your way. Martial arts training requires your full attention to the matter at hand. You live in the moment instead of in the past or future when you practice martial arts training.
- You become more patient. Becoming good at something takes time, practice, and patience. In fact, we recommend signing up for martial arts instruction with your child. There’s no better way to create memories and become more patient than sharing a common activity together.
- Martial arts training is cathartic. There’s something to be said for hitting something hard at the end of a long day that allows all your stress, anger, and problems to fall away.
- You gain community. Studies show those with healthy, meaningful relationships lead a happier, healthier, less stressful life.
- You’ll lose weight and get in shape. You’ll have renewed self-confidence and feel better about yourself, which lowers your stress and improves all your wellness indicators.
- Martial arts training gives you a goal and a purpose. Humans are motivated by achievements. With each new belt you earn, you’ll feel more fulfilled as a human. Martial arts training will do wonders for your mental well-being and overall stress factors as you let go of the burdens you carry.
Empire Self-Defense & Fitness’ mission is to add value to your life. Through martial arts and self-defense training, you’ll have goals to achieve, become more physically fit, release pent up energy, and become a better human being as you develop patience and relationships with others. We offer a wide variety of classes, including Krav Maga, Muay Thai Kickboxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Self-Defense, and Fitness classes. Empire Self-Defense & Fitness guarantees there’s something for everyone.
If you’re in the Albany, New York, area, de-stress by scheduling your introduction class at the Top Rated Local® Self-Defense and Fitness school. Contact us today!